Look, if you can’t handle a situation don’t apologise because you can’t deal with it. There’s nothing wrong with taking a step back and it does not make you look weak. Unless it your bloody fault, then go fix it!
Whether you are dealing with the death of someone close to you, a broken heart, or the demise of a long friendship, trying to move on with your life may seem pointless and sometimes you may even feel life is not worth living. Looking back, I think the lowest points in my life was when I became so miserable and full of self-loathing that I started Googling topics about misery, suicide, pain and loss. I wanted to feel even more hurt and pain than I felt. It was the most horrible feeling in the world but at that time, it was the only thing I could feel. I’ve learned that through the many trials I faced in my short life so far is that the thing that keeps me going, is thinking about having a bigger sense of purpose in my life. This is something that I set out for myself. It doesn’t sound like an easy solution, but it works for me and it takes a lot of self-discipline, time and patience. I firmly believe that time is a great healer. I have not found that bigger purpose in my life yet but I’m getting pretty close to it and it’s ok. The thought process was enough to distract me from my own self-inflicted misery which does nothing but prolonging the agony. It’s like dragging a mill stone around my neck. It’s ok to cry and feel hurt, but then remember to look up to the skies and see the passing clouds or the sunset that you missed.
1) Ask questions. We may be best friends for a month or 20 years, but that doesn’t make you or me a mind reader.
2) If I don’t text or call you every other day, it means I am living my own fucking life. And yes, you’re still in it if you stop being so paranoid.
3) If you asked for my opinion, be prepared for my answer no matter how painful it is to hear. If you prefer sweet-nothings, sorry babe I’m not the friend for you right now.
4) I don’t sit with you sometimes at social gatherings because I just want to talk to other people and not because I’m avoiding you.
5) Me being quiet when we are out together is not a sign of unhappiness or displeasure, I am trying to be a good listener to you while you rant!